There's no such thing as too much zucchini.


This is a repost of something that I wrote in August 2007 at another blog site. I still love this soup!

Are you overwhelmed with the bounty of your garden - or with the bounty of other people's gardens? Are lonely, homeless zucchini turning up on your doorstep, looking for a purpose in life?

Last year my stepmother gave me her recipe for zucchini soup. I love it, and I'm not alone. The whole family seems quite content to eat it frequently in zucchini season, and my friends love it, too. I have come to believe that this soup is zucchini's reason for existence.

So here is the recipe:

Start with a couple of large zucchini, or several small ones.

 

Chop into chunks.

 

Put into a large pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.

 

Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until the zucchini chunks are very tender.



Puree the zucchini and cooking water in a food processor or blender.



Return the puree to the cooking pot. Add one can of evaporated milk.

 

Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy a delicious summer soup.



This whole recipe can be prepared in about 1/2 hour, if you are working efficiently and not trying to take pictures for a blog post.

Now, you tell me if there is such a thing as too much zucchini.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog